Bailey and Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, 2007
Ellen Jo Baron and Betty A. Forbes
The new 12th edition of Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology solidifies its reputation as the classic text in the field of microbiology. This new edition features the same comprehensive, authoritative content - and adds new and updated material throughout. The team of authors includes three well-respected clinical microbiologists, all of whom have experience both in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
- A respected author team consists of three well-respected clinical microbiologists, each of whom has experience both in the classroom and the clinical laboratory.
- Genera and Species to be Considered highlight all of the organisms to be discussed in each chapter, including the current name of the species as well as any previous names.
- Detailed hands-on procedures make the content more interesting and relevant by describing exactly what takes place in the micro lab.
- Convenient, easy-to-read tables summarize key information.
- A glossary of all of the terms is found at the back of the book for quick reference.
- A NEW section on clinical laboratory management
- More case studies help to develop critical thinking skills, with answers in an appendix.
- More photos of the major organisms have been included to help in identifying different organisms.